Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our Story

It has been almost 2 weeks since our little princess was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.  To say that it has been overwhelming is an understatement.  At approximately 4:00pm August 2nd we hopped on a roller coaster ride.  Through our 2 week life change I have experienced every emotion possible.  A VERY long time friend sent me a Facebook message telling me to write, to get all my emotions out.  If I were to write all my emotions, I would have been writing for 2 weeks straight.  I would be the Forrest Gump of blogging!!  There have been so many moments when I try to will  the "nightmare" over.  But reality is.....Type 1 is our reality.  I have been ever so fortunate enough to be surrounded by phenomenal family and friends.  I have also had a fantastic opportunity to meet other T1 families and see that this disease is something we CAN and WILL be able to deal with.  There have been many dark moments, but thankfully my little sugar princess has pulled her weary mommy through.  I will post a more detailed story of our 2 week journey later.  My goal of this blog is to help other totally shocked families ease into this new life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment